Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2nd July

Yesterday I just knew I had to leave the children sat in front of a favourite movie while I found a quiet place to pray. An alarming situation had arisen between friends and family with a potential of inflicting hurt and division within their church and families. I was feeling very anxious so I prayed for God’s intervention. Upon my knees (and in my prayers) I lifted each person involved up to God, gave thanks for them and on their behalf I asked for peace and protection.
As the situation developed I was aware that in my anxiety I was trying to control components and not trusting it to God. I felt relief at relinquishing that control and in believing that He was at work.
I believe division within churches and inflamed relationships are warnings/signs of God's Kingdom coming.

No comments: