Wednesday, July 9, 2008

la la land

It has been too long since my last sign in and the past days have been depressing and negative. School holidays and the lack of routine put me into spiritual la la land. When I make an effort to record my musings I become so much clearer in my thinking, more positive towards the world around me and grateful for God’s abundance.
I wonder whether Grace provided a Kingdom sign for someone yesterday. We had spent about an hour doing errands in a bustling mall – a spiritual wasteland I prefer to avoid. Along the slalom course was a stage where a group was setting up for StarFest. Grace asked me what was going on so I explained that you could sing, dance or act and maybe win a prize. Grace said she could do that. I suggested that she needed to work on her performance a bit more. She was quiet for a while then launched into her rendition of Easter People as we walked along. This is a song, with actions, she learned at school. I must have looked like I was tuning into some weird radio station as I dodged promo signs, avoided bumping people and swayed so not to be slapped by Grace’s outstretched arms singing “Jesus is Lord” and "Let us rejoice" at full volume. Along the way I collected a few quizzical looks but there was no way I was going to quieten such a witness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! - Grace's dance